As your business grows, you will undoubtedly need help developing financial plans, reviewing business strategies, and implementing appropriate oversight of your accounting and administrative functions and procedures. We provide a service in the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) consulting role for your business to help fill these gaps as you grow at a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time employee. In a business consulting session, we help you review your business, plan for the future, and make informed, solid decisions from a financial perspective.
Business Review and Planning
- Review and analysis of your current business strategy and operations.
- Analysis of key financial statement metrics including Break Even Point, Return on Investment, Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Current Ratio, Inventory Turnover, and others to help determine the health and potential within your business.
- Understand your business’ liquidity, activity, efficiency, leverage, profitability, and value.
- Financial Forecasts – Preparation of financial models and statements given different variables and potential outcomes.
- Review of business needs including equity or loan options for additional capital, staffing growth, equipment, and facilities to match growth plans.
- Review of tax consequences of different decisions.
- Performace Benchmarks
- Establish realistic benchmarks of performance in key points to accurately track profitability and risk.
- Track performance through reports to compare actual to forecast performance.
- Understand variances and make corrections.
- Financial Oversight
- Review of monthly financial statements for accuracy.
- Analysis of financials for capital and operating opportunities or shortfalls.
- Evaluating capital needs and sources for cost and risk.
- Reviewing tax filings and payments with the IRS, State, and local government.
- Controls and Procedures
- Review and establishment of internal controls to reduce fraud and theft and increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government and industry regulators.
- Training of business staff on necessary accounting functions.
- Teaching Owners and Management to review and understand financial statements to gain insight and oversight of the business.